It's been a few weeks since I posted one of these, and the other day I found this CD under the car seat and got all inspired and shit. It was all scratched and yellowed and titled "It's A Revelation." It had a bunch of rambling ADD-inspired moments that I cut out, and all that is left is a bunch of songs made of uncut innocence. I made this mix for a girl a few years ago, and she liked it enough to let me go there. Yeah, there! At least that's what I think happened. Of course, I made a horrible mess of things in the end, but man oh man, the anticipation! It really is the best part. That moment where the heart shoves the head aside and is all like, "shut the fuck up dude, I got this!" God knows there's enough rock n' roll songs talking about all the waste and hurt feelings and sleepless nights and such. It's like sitting outside on a perfect night and dividing your attention between the ground and the sky, hoping for a rainbow up above and expecting a car crash down below, and just looking away because you don't really know. Do you?! This one just sounds like joy. It sounds like happiness, confusion, angst, and vulnerability. It has 13 lucky tracks of bit lips, awkward, nervous pacing, and hard won smiles. If you're a girl, I sincerely hope you enjoy it. If you're a dude, take some notes.
It's A Revelation: September 2010
1. Elvis Costello - "Welcome To The Working Week"
2. Smoking Popes - "Rubella"
3. High School Sweethearts - "Cherry Hi-Way"
4. The Posies - "Flavor Of The Month"
5. The Light Wires - "Belly Of The Beast"
6. Rhett Miller - "This Is What I Do"
7. The Fastbacks - "I Found The Star"
8. Visqueen - "My House"
9. Len Price 3 - "The Last Hotel"
10. Generation X - "Ready Steady Go"
11. Descendents - "Coolidge"
12. Screeching Weasel - "99"
13. The Detroit Cobras - "Boss Lady"
Download it HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?ga1ddxg1tx3t9da